10202 Redfern Ave Inglewood, CA 90304 • (310) 850-3437 • Bedollagab@hotmail.com
Medical Administrative Assistant
An experienced Clerical Professional within the medical setting seeks to translate seven years of experience for an organization in need of optimization within the role of Patient Transporter. Completes initiatives with promptness and precision. Aligns all initiatives according to significance to streamline progression for operational goals. Continuously evolving professionalism by taking professional development courses.
Data Entry, Bilingual (English & Spanish), Bloodborne Pathogens by (AHA), Xifin software, Antrim, Epic Hyper Space, Clinical Information System, MS Word, MS Excel, Hospital & Physician Diagnosis & Procedure Codes Assignment, Electronic Medical Record, HIPAA Guidelines, AHIMA Coding Guidelines, Commercial & Government Claims, 40 WPM Typing Speed
Allswell healthcare service 2015 to 2016
Member Service Representative (UCLA Medical Group)
- Assist provider’s office with any updates such as CPT codes, location, insurance verification, and patient’s demographics on medical group referrals.
- Answer all incoming phone calls, retrieve voicemail inbox, and follow up with medical group members regarding urgent approved referrals, as well as denied referrals.
- Filing all medical consent forms, faxed referrals, confirming, rescheduling patient’s appointments, and logging all incoming phone calls.
Pathology, Inc. 2007 to 2014
Patient Service Representative ( Pathology Laboratory)
- Updated all patient demographics, scanning, medical consent forms, insurance eligibility, filed medical claims and conducted claim denial follow-ups to correct claims, if applicable.
- Acquired payment from patient’s onsite and through telephone, insurance eligibility verification
- Interfaced with various departments to establish rapport for administrative initiatives.
- Answered all incoming calls and accessed all voice mail messages from the company’s inbox.
- Assigned procedure codes for Pathology Laboratory Reports.
EDUCATION & Certifications
High School Diploma
Certificate of Completion
Westchester College of Nursing & Allied Health
Coursework: Medical Coding, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology, Human Anatomy, & Physiology.
Southern California Regional Occupational Center
Coursework: Medical Insurance Biller
Credential: Certified Coding Associate (CCA) By AHIMA
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) By NHA