Home (310) 670-9106 - Mobile (310) 462-5359
A talented technical writer with a background in data network engineering. Employed by major technology companies providing internet-based solutions for both local and multinational enterprises. Experienced in documenting Content Delivery Networking and Cloud-based solutions.
- Created and compiled the documentation required for my client to pass the Amazon Web Services Managed Services Proficiency audit. Created the demonstration script required to present those skills required to be shown rather than documented.
- Authored a series of blog posts that were published by a Synthetic Monitoring enterprise.
- Created content for internal and partner training. Delivered training when a Subject Matter Expert was unavailable.
- Created 37 documents of varying technical complexity in 9 months, using both standard and Information Mapping techniques as best applied to each subject. All documentation was delivered on or before the due date in order to meet contractual obligations with a Licensed Customer of the network product.
- Organized training for three separate partners and created the content to be presented at these training sessions. Survey results for these training sessions were consistently at 90+% approval ratings.
- Created white papers, blogs and slicks for marketing initiatives.
- Created all documentation for the video conferencing service for the BTInfonet product line, including Operations & Support manuals, design documents, and dial plans.
- Wrote the User manual and Administrator’s guide for the Center of Excellence, Los Angeles. This cloud-computing environment reduced equipment duplication, significantly decreased development costs, and minimized organizational cost through product standardization and tracking of hardware and software.
- Created the Operations & Support manuals, configuration guides and network management guidelines required to support the project that replaced outdated network equipment. The completion of this project saved the company several million dollars in hardware maintenance and software licensing fees.
- Represented the Design Engineering group in all ISO-9000 audits. The group’s documentation always passed the audit process.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
Recognized within the company as a leader in creating complete, concise and readable documentation
Proficient in Video and Data Networking protocols
Stratalux June 2016 to Present
Contract Technical Writer
Created and curated the documentation required to pass the AWS Managed Services Partner Competency audit for my company. Worked with Jira and Confluence to coordinate and direct the input required from Subject Matter Experts. Created the script used to demonstrate the audit requirements that were directed toward showing competency rather than documentation.
Apica AB July 2016 to present
Author a weekly blog series on a variety of topics centering around Synthetic Monitoring
Verizon Digital Media Services/ EdgeCast April 2012 to April 2016
Created documentation in support of the Content Delivery Network and the licensees of its proprietary software. Created and administered the company-offered training.
- Created and maintained contractually-required documentation supporting our licensed customer.
- Created content, set up and hosted training sessions for partner training. Created and maintained all training accounts in the network.
- Created content for onboarding training, presented as ‘lunch and learn’ sessions, for Verizon employees after merger. Delivered the training when a Subject Matter Expert was not available.
- Created marketing materials including white papers, blogs, and slicks. Release copy for emails announcing new collateral.
ADP December 2011 to March 2012
Contract Technical Writer
Created documentation for a leading Financial Institution using Information Mapping techniques by interviewing Subject Matter Experts and reviewing existing documentation. Published new documentation into the company’s library using the Lumin authoring package.
Wyle Laboratories September 2010 to April 2012
Technical Writer-Principal Specialist
Created spreadsheet and report documentation in support of a pilot project for a major energy company.
BT Design/British Telecom February 1985 to September 2009
Technical Writer/Senior Engineer
Designed and created documentation, QA test, provided training and support for all hardware, software and services deployed in the revenue network. Worked on multiple projects including Lab Virtualization, Video Conferencing Service Development, and Network Development Engineering.